|Ohio Health Insurance ExchangeThis Exchange is operated for Ohio, by the Federal Government (there is no separate state exchange at this time)
- Your state has no separate state health insurance exchange at this time. You will obtain all information and coverage directly from the federal government's website (see below for link and phone number).
- Open enrollment starts on October 1, 2013. Coverage can start as soon as January 1, 2014.
- The insurance exchange is called the Marketplace, where you can learn about the various types of health insurance coverage.
- Make sure you make a list of questions before it is time for you to choose your health plan. That will help you get the best plan.
- Many people using the government's Marketplace will qualify for lower cost on their monthly health insurance premiums or their out-of-pocket costs. To find out how much savings you are eligible for, or if you are eligible for any savings, make sure you have these items ready before you start to sign up: (1) employer and income information from W-2 or tax return for each person applying for coverage; (2) Social Security Number (or document number for legal immigrants); (3) policy numbers for any current health insurance plans covering members of your household. Read more here.....
If you own a small business (with under 50 employees), you can prepare to use the SHOP program now to explore your options.
- Prepare your employee list, health insurance budget and a date you want to start coverage. You will need your EIN, number of employees, date of birth of all employees and their covered dependents.
- Learn about how SHOP works, which businesses can qualify, and more.
- If you have an existing broker, contact them. They may be able to help you with SHOP Marketplace options at no additional cost to you or your employees.
- If your current insurance company is not offering coverage through SHOP (The Small Business Health Options Program), you can go directly to the SHOP website to compare your current plan with options in the SHOP Marketplace.
Ohio and Medicaid
On Thursday, September 19, an Ohio panel has approved a petition designed to apply pressure to Republican-led Ohio state legislature to expand Medicaid’s healthcare program for the poor as part of Obama’s health reform law. Read more ›
Link to Official Website:
The Marketplace - Healthcare.Gov
SHOP Marketplace for Small Businesses